Saturday, April 21, 2012
Easy As ABC Baked Eggs
I <3 Weekends.
Sundays are my favorite because we usually get time with friends for coffee and have a really late brunch.
Sometimes when I'm in the mood, I'll prep brekkie for the kiddos at home.
Here's a really simple baked eggs recipe that I love.
It really cannot get any simpler than this. Because all you need are some simple ingredients, ramekins and an oven. Viola!
Here's what I put into mine.
Mushrooms - with
1 tbsp butter
2 cloves of garlic
4 tbsps of canned diced tomato
3 Sprigs of coriander - coarsely chopped
A handful of Spinach
Salt and Pepper
1. Turn oven onto 200 degree celsius
2. Fry the bacon
3. Add butter to the pan. Throw in the garlic & mushrooms and sautee with a pinch of salt and pepper
4. Put bacon into ramekin. Followed by mushrooms.
5. Add diced tomatoes.
6. Add the Spinach
7.Crack egg on top of the tomato puree
8. Add a handful of chopped coriander on top. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
9. Put in the oven to bake for 5-7 minutes.
Serve with Toast Soldiers
I topped mine with some cheesy toasts which I got the recipe off A at her blog.
It was very yummy. And best of all it doesn't come with a bill that stings. =)