These zucchini pancakes are a gem. They are very similar to the corn fritters but it's centered around zucchini. It's chocked full of veges and the kids lapped them up so I guess it's a win win situation for everyone. =)
Here's the recipe for the ladies asking for them.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
3 Zucchini, medium sized
1 Potato, peeled
2 large eggs (The original recipe asked for 1 egg, but it was not enough to coat the mixture)
1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
1 teaspoon of grated lemon zest
Freshly ground pepper
- Grate the zucchini and potato using the biggest holes in your grater. Salt generously. Leave it in the colander to drain for at least 30 minutes. (I just squeezed the grated zucchinis with my hands in batches.) The pancakes hold together better if you drain out as much moisture as possble.
- In a bowl, beat the egg, parsley, and lemon zest. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the zucchini and potato mixture with the egg mixture. Stir well.
- Add breadcrumbs to make the texture firmer.
- Heat up a frying pan. Add a tablespoon of oil and then put in the butter. (It tastes better cooked in butter.)
- Drop tablespoons of batter into the pan. Flatten them out as much as possible so that they will be crispier.
- Serve as they come out. And I serve them with mayonaise mixed with lemon juice. =)