Thursday, August 04, 2011
Summer Iced Tea
I was out having lunch with a girlfriend at a cafe when I had the most delicious glass of iced tea.
Perfect for this crazy warm spell that we are experiencing at the moment.
It got me intrigued and I headed off to the supermarket to buy some ingredients to recreate it.
And here's the recipe for my concoction of a refreshing summer iced tea.
1 can of lychees (chilled)
1 pitcher of iced earl gray tea, approximately 5 tea bags to 1.5 litres
A handful of mint leaves
To make the lychee ice cubes
1. Put small pieces of lychees and small tears of mint leaves into the ice cube tray.
2. Fill half of the ice cube tray with lychee syrup.
3. Top up the rest of the tray with water.
To put together the drink, all you have to do is.
1. Fill a glass with a mix of normal and the lychee ice.
2. Garnish with some mint leaves and lychees.
3. Pour 1/4 of the glass with lychee syrup
4. Pour in the iced tea, sweetened to your liking.
I'd reckon that it'd make a great drink for a garden party so this is going into my collection of recipes.
PS: I used Earl Gray because I loved the smell of bergamot, but feel free to use any other kind of tea, if you'd like.