Sunday, May 08, 2011

18 Months of Bubba-liciousness.

With the little bub at 18 months old, she has evolved into a fiesty chatty toddler. Her vocabulary is mostly one worded phrases but it has expanded into small sentences like "I want bread" or "I want milk" or "What's that?".

I will walk with you, Tor Tor. (how she pronouces KorKor.)

She loves nothing more than walking around the mall (sigh!) and poking her head into every little store that she sees. Plus, every evening she would point towards the door and ask to be brought out for a walk.

Briyani is yummy, Mom!

The wonderful thing about her little stance on being independence is her want to self feed.

It is a very messy affair with most of the food landing everywhere but her mouth.

But practice makes perfect and she has been pretty successful lately in this area and I'm mightily proud that she did it in such a short time. Even though, the actualy eating process is quite long, la.

It does drive the husband stircrazy to see the mess that she creates and he tries to feed her to quicken the process but she would not have any of it! The mouth shuts and she shakes her head vehemently against her father's wishes.

Imma gonna get Daddy to buy me pear crisps, even if you won't, Mommy!

O the subborness! (My mother says she takes after her mum in this aspect!)

There's was a short hospital stint earlier on in the month because she's developed a sympton called Bells Palsy.

It happened rather quickly. One night after her bath, I noticed that her smile was rather crooked and it got me quite worried. After confirming with the GP (who's D's uncle) that it is bells palsy, we went off to the A&E of KK which they immediately decided to ward her. (Note: KK's A&E is really understaffed and thus the amount of care given is not optimal)

Now that is where it got tricky. It was Friday evening and the general plan was to keep her in the cot for TWO DAYS. Which D was not in agreement to because he knew that she would scream the ward down in less than hour (which was what happened.)

Watching youtube whilst waiting for the consultants

So the registrar spoke to her senior and based on past experience, they knew that it would take time for the nerve to heal so K was released and we'd brought her home to zzz.

It's been three weeks now and it's much better so I'm hoping it will go back to normal soon. Gonna head back to the doc for a follow up next week.

And then we move on to feeding others. =p

Other than that, I think I may have bred a drama queen.

There have been days where she would just fling herself onto the ground and sob when things don't go her way. Sometimes she'll run in a different direction and cry whilst looking back to see if we are chasing after her. And it has been quite exhausting bringing her out on my own, since I've been helperless for the last fortnight.

Cuddles for Puppy

Terribles twos aside... this little one has every single person nailed under her pinky. (Especially her Daddy and her Grandpa!) She loves to do her walkabout and say bye to every person in sight. She loves babies and would point them out by saying "BA-BEH!" And she loves to terrorise every single living animal that she sees out there, especially cats. Quite funny, really.

Loving a lil gal

I can't believe she's growing up so quickly. It's so true what they say about the last kiddo... time always fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...